Saturday, April 28, 2012

New Years Vision Board - 2011 (Patrick)

See my tree! :)

Amalia, my love, is a genius in remembering what is best for us. She once again got us going on our annual vision boards.

As the resister of the pair, I can confidently say the vision board idea works like magic. Every year I am truly amazed at the number of dreams/ideas/challenges we have fulfilled.

If anything can be said of our time here in Rishikesh, India, it is that our attention of the subtle has become a prominant feature of our awareness. The subtle magic behind the vision board is the attention you place on achieving our highest ideals. A key feature though is placing the vision board in a visible area of your living space, so Amalia and I will have to figure out how to make ours portable. :)

As Mollie suggested, we'd love to have some of you do your own vision boards and send us a picture of them so we can know what aspects of your life we can support and encourage you in.

Mine this year is broken into three parts. The roots of the tree designate my desire to reconnect with nature, friends, family, and a sense of self-sustenance. The trunk of the tree is my solidity and represents things I must give Abhyasa (constant and steady practice): Yoga techniques including asana (body postures), pranayama (breathing practices), Kundalini (energy producing breath and movement), and Kriya (inner subtle awareness), along with being honest (asteya). The branches, leaves and fruit of the tree represent qualities I'd like to cultivate in myself this year: non-judgmentalness, financial freedom, thankfulness, material simplication, inner silence (antar mouna) and just being love!

Our time here in Rishikesh has come to an end and tonight we journey to the holiest of the Sikh holies, the Golden Temple in Amritsar. I am ecstatic about the idea and think it will be a nice addition to the spiritual journey we've had thus far.

In the spirit of love, I wish you god's speed in the new year and if you find yourself pulling together a vision board or in need of advice on how to approach one, don't hesitate to email us.

- paddy-d

No comments:

Post a Comment