Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Years Vision Board - 2011 (Amalia)

Hey y’all!
A very Happy New Year to everyone! Sorry we’ve been off the radar for a while. I guess we’re just having too much fun in India! We’re still in Rishikesh and have enjoyed almost 3 months here. After our 6 week yoga teacher training course we moved on to Parmarth Niketan ashram where we dove into 2 weeks of Kriya Yoga. Following that I continued on at the ashram with 2 more weeks studying the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras, while Patrick moved into a cave. That move may or may not have been met with some resistance, but both of us have emerged stronger because of it.
Every year we like to create ‘vision boards’ to help us clarify our goals and intentions for the coming year. This is our 4th year now and its always amazing to us how many of our dreams come true when we just write them down. This trip, for example, came to be because on 2009’s board we drew a picture of how much debt we would pay off and how much cash we would put into savings. A little perseverance, a little help from Dave Ramsey and here we are!
We’ve spent the better part of New Year’s Eve day doing our 2011 vision boards and we’d like to share them with you now.
Amalia’s board:
The central theme of my 2011 board is ‘cultivating inner strength’ as you can see inside the golden pyramid. Pyramids are well known vehicles for efficiently channeling cosmic energy. Surrounding the pyramid are different symbols representing different intentions I have for cultivating my inner strength. I’ll start with the butterfly at 1 o’clock and continue clockwise.
Butterfly: “Think Happy Thoughts” and then you can fly (Peter Pan). If I was capable of drawing Tinker Bell I would have, but I think the butterfly conveys the same message. The way I think will reflect in the way I am.
Live in the present: ha, ha, get it?
Ring of flowers: Be conscious
Symbol of Vishuddhi chakra: the chakra of the throat, symbolizing vocalizing my opinions, needs and desires.
Treble Clef: Keeping music alive in my life.
Om symbol: Yoga. Developing a self-practice and also practicing teaching.
Me in a frame: Simplifying my life. Creating a clutter-free environment for myself will help me think more clearly and make space for creativity to flourish, the end goal being more peace and freedom. Getting rid of stuff I don’t need and (probably more important) breaking the habit of constantly consuming (buying stuff).
Third Eye: Trusting my intuition.
Yin Yang: Balance
Buddha: Detachment. Being the “silent witness” of my body, actions and circumstances, trying to be more in tune with my soul and less attached to the things of this world. An age old concept that has a place in most spiritual philosophies; authors like Ekhart Tolle have done a good job of making the concept more accessible to the western mind.

Sending happy thoughts of peace, balance, creativity, love, hope and joy to you all! Here’s to a wondrous gateway into 2011!
~ Amalia ~
!!!!!! VISION BOARD CONTEST EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!!!

EMAIL US A PICTURE OF YOUR 2011 VISION BOARD
(done by yourself or with your partner)
WE WILL POST IT ON OUR BLOG TO HELP INSPIRE OTHER VISIONARIES
WE ALSO COMMIT TO SUPPORTING YOU IN REALIZING YOUR DREAMS IN 2011!
THE WINNER(S) WILL RECEIVE AN AMAZING PRIZE!
JOIN THE NEW YEAR OF LOVE!
email entries to: patandmollie@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year you two! It's been great to hear your updates! Erica and I have been wanting to get the vision boards up since we last saw you actually. Seeing your boards has inspired us to do ours!
    I have to ask. Everyone reading this wants to know this: Ok. What was Patrick doing in the cave? That has got to be a great story!
    You two have been an inspiration to us. Come back and see us already. Amalia, New baby on the way in May. Can't wait for you both to meet her!
    Tim and Holts

    ReplyDelete